If you're a student at another college or university, you can take classes at Montgomery College to transfer back to your home school.
Whether you are looking to earn a few credits over the summer or continue your studies locally while you're home during the coronavirus pandemic, Montgomery College offers:
- Affordable tuition rates
- Challenging, high-quality courses
- Supportive and dedicated faculty
- Online classes and resources
Follow the steps below to enroll and register. Before you begin,search the class scheduleto find the classes you'd like to take.
You only need to apply for admission to MC once, so if you have previously applied to or taken classes at MC, you can skip this step.
Submit official written permission via form or letter from your home college or university.
Submit official written permission via form or letter from your home college or university by email toPTE@montgomerycollege.edu. (Allow at least two business days to process.) Please include your Montgomery College Student ID number that begins with M. This permission should include the exact classes for which you plan to register at MC (Example: ENGL 101).
Below are links to instructions and/or permission forms from institutions that we routinely receive:
University of Maryland System School
- Frostburg State Universitynew window
- University of Maryland, Baltimore Countynew window
- University of Maryland, College Parknew window
- University of Maryland, Eastern Shorenew window
Maryland Private Schools
Out of State Schools
Payment for classes is due at the time of registration.
- Log on toMyMCto view course offerings, register for classes and pay your balances.
- Be sure to print your class schedule once you have paid for your classes.
- Payment for classes is due at the time of registration. For payment deadlines and information, visitCost and Payment Deadlines.
- Complete theAdvising Questionnaire(online)
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor讨论你需要超过最大的学术课程负荷。申请可能需要学生事务主任的批准。秋季和春季学期最多可学习18个小时，夏季课程最多可学习7个小时，重叠的夏季课程最多可学习10个小时，冬季课程最多可学习4个小时。
Need help adding yourself to a waitlist? ReadWaitlist FAQsfor more information.
If you need help with MyMC, call 240-567-5000, choose option 1 for English, and then option 2 for MyMC.
A consortium is a written arrangement between institutions used to track a student’s total credit hour enrollment of program of study when a student is simultaneously attending two different institutions or just taking a class at another school for the Summer, Spring,or Fall semester.
- The visiting student is responsible for their bill at the host school (the school, where the student is taking other classes) regardless of receiving financial aid. Montgomery College (MC) usually processed the Agreement within 72 hours, if the visiting student has registered and has pays his/her bill at MC for the semester.
- A Consortium Agreement may allow for additional financial aid eligibility at home school (the school, where the student is receiving his/her degree).
- Note: A student who is just taking classes at MC for the summer while away from home school is considered as a visiting, therefore, the student is ineligible to receive financial aid at Montgomery College.
This can only be done through My MC.
- Once you log-in toMyMC, you can find parking permit information under either; Student Checklists – click on “Get Your Parking Permit” link or, Student Tools - click on the "Parking Permit" link.
- You will be led through steps to order your parking pass, which will be mailed to your home address.
- Be sure to have your vehicle registration information handy.
- Also, be sure to verify your mailing address in MyMC under "My Personal Information" in the "Student Quick Links" section to ensure quickest delivery.