Office of the President
Dr. Jermaine F. Williams became the president of Montgomery College on February 28, 2022.The Montgomery College Board of Trustees has formed aPresidential Transition Advisory Committee (PTAC)to assist Dr. Williams in his role as the new College president.
Dr. Williams’ work in higher education has focused his energies on improving access for students, as well as retention, graduation, and post-completion success. He has paid special attention to mitigating institutional societal and racial inequities, strategically creating programs and policies that support historically underrepresented and/or marginalized groups. He has years of experience designing, managing, and enhancing institutional and statewide programs and initiatives that have yielded positive student outcomes.
Dr. Williams has been widely lauded for his inclusive leadership style and for building teams that create strategic programing and policies to improve student outcomes. His professional approach to student success is deeply rooted in equity-minded systems and data-informed analysis. Dr. Williams’ view of higher education as a public good informs his personal passion about enhancing access, completion, and post-completion success, goals that are shared across Montgomery College.Read more about Dr. Williams.
Read about ourFY22 Priorities Progress Report(PDF,).
Presidents are listed by year of service at Montgomery College:
- Hugh G. Price | 1946-1953
- Dr. Donald E. Deyo | 1953-1965
- Dr. George A. Hodson, Jr. | 1965-1966
- Dr. William C. Strasser | 1966 - 1979
- Dr. Robert E. Parilla | 1979 - 1999
- Dr. Charlene R. Nunley (Gold Medallion) | 1999 - 2007
- Dr. Brian K. Johnson | 2007 - 2009
- Dr. Hercules Pinkney (Gold Medallion) | 2009 - 2010
- Dr. DeRionne P. Pollard (Gold Medallion) | 2010–2021
- Dr. Charlene Dukes (Interim) | 2021-2022
(Awarded by the Board of the Trustees, the Gold Medallion recognizes exceptional service and nationally recognized presidential leadership in higher education.)
- Compliance, Risk, and Ethics
- Equity and Inclusion
- General Counsel
- Government Relations
- Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Planning and Policy